Strike Legion: Platoon Leader is a 15mm-based small unit combat game, where individual soldiers can make the difference between victory and defeat. The game features:
- Alternating squad-based activations, with each team of a squad capable of carrying out independent actions;
- Team actions that allow great latitude in tabletop operations, including a sensible Overwatch system and multiple team actions per turn based on morale status;
- Leaders and leadership actions that affect teams, squads, and (possibly) the actions of your entire force;
- Special rules for crew, medic, scout, and sniper teams;
- Crewed weapons and squad support weapons;
- A section dedicated to special characters (Personalities);
- Complete vehicle combat rules, including provisions for gunships and infantry teams mounted on personal vehicles;
- Several dozen infantry team attributes, weapons characteristics, and vehicle systems that can be incorporated into the player's own unit designs using the enclosed unit construction rules;
- Seven scenarios and over two dozen pre-made units;
- Simple conversion scales to use figures ranging from 6mm to 28mm, based individually or with figures mounted on team bases.
While its focus is on futuristic combat, Strike Legion: Platoon Leader can easily be used to fight platoon- and company-level actions from World War II through modern settings with minimal modifications to the rules.
Strike Legion: Platoon Leader is a complete game; ownership of other Strike Legion titles is not necessary to play this game.