Nobles... Priests... Aliens... Knights
It is the dawn of the sixth millenium and the skies are darkening, for the suns themselves are fading. Humans reached the stars long ago, building a Republic of high technology and universal emancipation — and then squandered it, fought over it, and finally lost it.
Fading Suns is a saga of humanity’s fate among the stars — a space fantasy game of deadly combat, vicious politics, weird occultism, alien secrets and artifacts, and unknown and unmapped worlds.
The Fading Suns Player’s Guide contains rules for character creation, skills, traits, psychism, theurgy, technology, cybernetics, starships, and much, much more!
Fading Suns Player's Guide™
Revised Edition Core Rulebook
Published by FASA Games, Inc.
Format: 384 pages, ~6" x 9", B+W Interior
This core rulebook is for Players and Game Masters. For a complete Known Worlds game experience, the GM will require a copy of the Fading Suns Game Master's Guide (estimated release date: December 2012).
Fading Suns, Noble Armada, and Fading Suns Player’s Guide are trademarks of Holistic Design, Inc. Fading Suns Second Edition Edition material copyright © 1999–2012 Holistic Design, Inc. FASA and the FASA logo are trademarks of FASA Corporation, and are used under license. Published by FASA Games, Inc. under license from Holistic Design, Inc. — Made in the USA. Copyright © 2012 Holistic Design, Inc. All rights reserved.
What's New In This Edition?
- Builds on the popular Fading Suns Second Edition
- Timeline advanced to 5002
- Incorporates information on Minor Noble Houses
- Victory Point System tuned for simpler calculation of VPs
- Removed high fail/fumble factor from previous edition
- Spirit characteristics replace opposed Passion traits
- Lifepath System streamlined and more flexible
- Number of Skills reduced
- Traits updated and Fighting Styles added
- Psi and Theurgy refined for Spirit characteristic changes
- Combat system overhauled for faster play
- Cybernetics updated
- Expanded Technology and Transport chapters
- More weapon and armor options in the Armory
- Guidelines for player activity on Starships
- More sample Starships
- Lots of optional rules and sidebars
- Comprehensive Contents and Index
- (PDF) Fully bookmarked and hyperlinked throughout