Own a fast paced 1d10 tabletop RPG with evolving character creation, dynamic combat, and on the fly experience! As The first book in the series, Act Ten Core Rules takes you through all the rules you will need to play this fun, fast paced RPG.
The book itself is broken up across sections built around ease of use. Simple to navigate, the book is comprised of three sections:
Core Rules takes you through everything you need to know to play the game. Simple rules and mechanics make it easy to jump right in, while expanded character tuning and modification make it fun to master.
Walkthroughs for character creation and game directing let you sit shotgun with the creator. This offers insights on rules application, character tweaking and helps further clarify the system. This all gets followed up with a quick reference section, which when combined with the directors screen, lays out the entire system within just a couple of pages for quick reference.
In the last section you get a preview of the first channel, or setting for Act Ten, Division. This will walk you through a world that has been overrun by corporate greed and technology. You will also see some upcoming special FX, like digital magic and psychic powers.
On top of that, pages have been set up so you always know where you are at. With 50+ pieces of original art, and an original 7 page comic, your eyes shouldn’t get bored either!
Ten years of fine tuning and playtesting have all come together for a complete, full system of rules.
There are all kinds of features you will be sure to love, but here are a few to get you started:
- Custom Character Builds. Create your characters just how you want them. Act Ten relies on skill choices instead of classes to dictate what your character is.
- Traits. Create characters with addictions, acute senses, and even give them insanity, or a rich family. There are a hundreds of combinations to help create back story, character depth, in game complications, or advantages.
- Precision Tuning. You have more options than ever to customize your characters specializations. Modify your target numbers, add a bonus to your roll, beef up your overflow and reduce the time it takes to do something.
- On The Fly Experience. You get XP every time you do something, which allows your character to learn new skills on the fly. This means the proactive player will be rewarded, and you will advance naturally, as you play.
- Star Power. Earn points whenever you steal the scene. Then use those points later, to add to rolls, reroll botches, lend to friends, use as experience and even force the Game Master to re-roll.
- Simplified Gear. Weapons, armor and equipment are simple and to the point. They help you get things done. Period.
- Dice Mechanics. With multiple task resolution options, 1d10 is all you will ever need to cover the angles in this game.
- Maneuvers. Choose an attack style to fit your characters needs. Defensive and offensive moves aren’t a matter of just blocking and attacking anymore, but how you do them. Strong characters can block while quick characters can sidestep. Choose between brutal smashing attacks or pinpoint accurate strikes.
- Overflow Triggers. One roll can evolve into many outcomes. What starts as a simple sidestep can become a parry, or even a counter attack! Damage becomes greater the higher you roll, so It's not about passing or failing, but how much you do it by.
- Diverse Combinations. Multiple stat and skill combinations help you play an adaptive and expansive character. In depth sub stats help further define your character based on your choices.
The world of Division is approaching, but there is more than enough backstory and art showcasing the world now! Get ready for the release of "The Run" quickstart adventure, coming soon!