We are the dispossessed, the Children of Hom, the Fallen, we are the Eight Tribe and we stand alone. We are those who walk away, those who turn our backs on the Seven Sisters, on our mothers and fathers, and venture into the wastelands around us to find our destiny, to find our calling. Some of us are rebels or outlaws, others malcontents and lunatics, victims and terrorists, but we are one; we are the Children of the Fall. Listen to me, my brothers and sisters, we must no longer stand idle and silent; our time has come. The ashes are vanishing and in their wake a new world is dawning, a world that is our destiny to discover and to reclaim. The past, the camps, the Z'bri, they are all just that - the past. The future is dark and unknown; the future belongs to us.
-Altara Ven, "The Manifesto of the Fallen"
The Tribe 8 RPG Second Edition Player's Handbook is the new starting point to the Tribe 8 Universe. A roleplaying game set in a tribal future where Player Characters are blessed with mystical insight and marked by destiny. They must struggle to build a new society from the ashes of the old, fighting against alien horrors and the Fatimas, avatars of the Goddess Herself.
The Tribe 8 RPG Second Edition Player's Handbook includes:
- A detailed world background, with history, meta plots explained and revised Capal setting;
- Extensive Player Character creation guidelines, along with weapons and equipment to use;
- Z'bri and Fatima creation guidelines along with tons of nasty beasts to fight;
- Clarification and expansion of the Synthesis magic system, as well as guideline for updating first edition characters to second edition;
- Dual-stats for the powerful Silhouette CORE rule system, a highly acclaimed game engine that uses classic six-sided dice, and the widely popular d20-based rules placed under the Open Gaming License.
Requires the use of the Silhouette CORE rulebook(tm) published by Dream Pod 9, Inc., or a Roleplaying Game Core Book published by Wizards of the Coast(R), Inc. You will also need a few six-sided dice, pen, paper and 2-6 players aged 12 and above. This product is largely compatible with previous Tribe 8 titles.
The Tribe 8 Team has produced a Tribe 8 RPG 2nd Edition Player's Handbook Questions and Answers PDF to bring everyone up to speed on the Second Edition.