Welcome to the GM's Day sale! From now through March 15th, this title has been marked down by 30%! For more values, visit our GM's Day sale page.
Hera stood on the roof of the crawler's armored cab, watching the ruins on the horizon that did not even hint at the presence of a colossal Deep City far below their feet.
"We were sent here to find out how to blend in. To study Utopian culture so that when the Cabinet starts its network, the Black Talons have hard data and good cover. Last night I started reading this book. It was printed on an underground printing press and gives us a clear idea of what happened during the early days of their three-hundred-year war."
"They have no heroes," she said quietly. "No real social role models. Their mythology and lingual metaphor is rife with battle and death, but no heroes. The closest they come to is the Grenarian free slave stories, and those have been so far removed from their origins they're more about the concept of freedom than the people who brought it."
"So what? You think we should become the heroes of this world?" Anders frowned.
"I don't know." She lowered her binoculars and smiled. "I've heard of worse destinies."
Utopia, once one of the jewels of the Concordat interstellar colonization program, now lies in ruins, its carefully constructed eco-system ravaged by generations of unending strife. Despite the hardship it forced on itself, this harsh planet harbors dynamic societies that not only lived through the turmoil of the post-colonial period but managed to survive beyond. As the forces of the imperialist New Earth Commonwealth prepare their take-over of the human worlds, however, Utopia finds itself a divided planet, stuck between allegiance to their old master and a bright future offered by its fellow colonials. The Waste World lies on the blade's edge, and anyone's actions can tip the balance...
Life on Utopia is the second sourcebook in a line detailing the human colony worlds of Dream Pod 9's exciting Heavy Gear science-fiction universe. Within these covers you will find:
- A complete history of the Utopian world;
- An extensive examination of Utopia's characteristics, from its geology and hydrography to each region's particular characteristics;
- A listing of all settlements, with location, population, political system and special characteristics described in depth;
- Dozens of important personalities for the players to meet and interact with;
- An in-depth examination of the cultures, habits and lifestyles found throughout Utopian societies;
- New archetypes, equipment, vehicles, drones and campaign ideas.