The Immortal: Vampires
By Ben Mowbray
For thousands of years the legend of the vampire has enthrawled and instilled fear in the hearts of men. The earliest legends span back perhaps as far as ancient Egypt, and arose independently in nearly every culture on Earth, from Africa to Europe, to Asia, the Americas and even Australia.
The Immortal: Vampires is a three-in-one rulebook, monster book and sourcebook for the d20 System. Now in its version 2.0 revision, the book is jam packed with even more vampire goodies than before!
Dissatisfied with the generic vampire of the core rules? Too powerful? Too weak? Just not your idea of a vampire? The Immortal: Vampires puts a much needed spin on the classic bloodsucking monster, drawing from mythology and folklore around the world, and both classic and modern popular fiction. If the Immortal: Vampires doesn't have what you're looking for in a vampire, it certainly has the tools for you to create it yourself: Just about everyone has their idea of what a vampire should be, and knowing this, this book also includes a guideline to creating your own custom vampire templates.
- Details vampires for use as antagonists or protagonists.
- Describes the mythology and history of the vampire from ancient times to modern.
- Dozens of optional and variant rules for the core vampire and others, including feeding habits, rules for staking, and the effects of the blood of different creatures on the vampire.
- Rules for creating your own custom vampire for those unsatisfied with the core rules or even those vampire varients presented in this book!
- Over 30 new vampiric monsters and templates from both the folklore and mythology from around the world and inspired by popular fiction. From legend comes a host of undead from all around the globe from the Algul of the Middle East tothe Zmeu of eastern Europe. Literary vampires include the Nosferatu and Master Vampire, straight from the pages of Dracula, the Demonic vampire, influenced by shows and movies such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and From Dusk Till Dawn, and the Romantic vampire is inspired by the works of Anne Rice.
- In-depth look at each vampires method of creation, feeding habits, history, powers and weaknesses, going beyong the standard monster entry.
- Rules for advancing vampires by Age Categories just like dragons!
- The Walker Through Time prestige class, ideal for immortal spellcasters wishing to acquire evermore skill and knowledge.
- Statistics for the classic 19th century vampire figures including Carmilla, Varney, Lord Ruthern and of course, Count Dracula!
- 4 completely new and original vampire gods for use in yor fantasy campaign, including full statistics!
- Easily adaptable to d20 Modern, with conversion notes.
- Notes on roleplaying vampires.
- Now 185 pages!*
*These reviews were made before the release of version 2.0 or the Book version, indeed, they were made off the original manuscript in the original release (which underwent a series of corrections, fixing of errors, etc). If anyone wishes to review the current version, we welcome constructive criticism or positive feedback. The author is anxious to hear what you think. He can be emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.