Fringe Races: Elves
A Guide to Portraying Elves as Fey
By Garth Wright. Art by Rich Piraro
In myth, legend, and faerie tale, elves were not just another race competing with humans for land, waging war against orcs, and joining reluctant halflings to destroy coveted artifacts. They were something else; they were fey.
If you have a desire to play a different type of elf, one closer to nature and further from humans, Fringe Races: Elves is what you?ve been waiting for! This book presents elves as fey and not as humanoids. While the book is compatible with elven material from other sourcebooks, and they aren?t so different from your d20 Elf to cause problems with your campaign setting, the elven material within will set them apart and return them to a more magical portrayal.
The 41-page PDF includes:
- Four new elven races. Though the names might look familiar, the elves do not. The light elves are the knights of the fey. The dark elves are the anti-heroes that radiate fear. The gray elves are of mixed blood between the two. Half-elves are not half-breeds with human lineage, but shorter, mischievous elves.
- A look at elven realms, culture, society, and courts based on the new races.
- Three new classes just for elves. These classes are adaptations on three of the core classes, allowing the elves to progress as elves, and not a cultural variant of humans.
- Elven meditation and what it unlocks.
- Elven Masterwork weapons and armor.
- 8 new feats, 3 of which are supernatural.
- 9 new spells.
- New animal companions and mounts. This section includes the faerie horse, faerie pony, faerie hound, reindeer, and flying reindeer.
The PRINT copy of this book is 48 pages, and has two bonuses.
- Everything listed above PLUS:
- One prestige class (an excerpt from a future follow-up)
- and an Index.
Your purchase of this PDF delivers to you two versions of this book. The first is a full-color PDF for onscreen viewing. The second PDF has all of the layout art removed, and displayed in black and white for easier printing.
If you purchased the Print version you will also receive the PDF's for free.