The World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game Returns!
It has been called "the best, most exciting superhero RPG in years." It sets "new standards in design and presentation." It has won awards that include the Pen & Paper Fan Award for Best RPG, the ENWorld Award for Best d20 RPG, and the prestigious EN World Peer Award for 2003. Now the World's Greatest Superhero Roleplaying Game is even better!
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition, is all the best of the award-winning RPG, with new updates, refinements, and expansions to make it the most complete, detailed, and fun version of superhero gaming yet! In this 256-page hardcover with stunning new cover art by RamÃ³n PÃ©rez, you'll find a complete game. Based on the popular Open Game License, Mutants & Masterminds has everything you need to create your own superheroes and villains. It offers more than a dozen ready-made superhero archetypes and even more ready-to-use supervillain archetypes, so you can start playing right away! Included are two introductory adventures, one providing an introduction to the award-winning Freedom City campaign setting.
Don't let your super-powers fall behind! Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition will take your game (and your heroes) to the next level!
- PDF Features:
- Created from digital source files - not a scanned PDF
- Gold Vendor Updates*
- Best with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 or later
- Edition Credits:
- Design & Development: Steve Kenson
- Editing: Jon Leitheusser
- Graphic Design: Hal Mangold
- Cover Art: RamÃ³n PÃ©rez
- Executive Producer: Chris Pramas
- Art Direction: Hal Mangold & Steve Kenson
- Interior Art: Attila Adorjany, Balaskas, Brett Barkley, Greg Boychuk, Eric Canete, Jeff Carlisle, Sean Chen, Steve Conley, Storn A. Cook, Talon Dunning, Tom Fowler, Tariq Hassan, Cully Hamner, Scott James, Georges Jeanty, Christopher Jones, "Rey" Lewis, Axel Ortiz, Tony Parker, RamÃ³n PÃ©rez, Conley Philpott, Steve Scott, Kevin Stokes, Craig Taillifer, Udon with Chris Stevens, Dexter Vines, Eric Wight
- Interior Colors: Steve Cobb, Ian Hannin, Tariq Hassan, Kyle Hunter, Melissa Kaercher, Brian Reber
- Character Sheet: Marc Schmalz
- Cartography: Rick Achberger
- Proofreading: Evan Sass, Marc Schmalz and Chris Pramas
- Green Ronin Staff: Chris Pramas, Nicole Lindroos, Hal Mangold, Steve Kenson, Evan Sass, Robert J. "Dr. Evil" Schwalb and Marc Schmalz
- First Edition Graphic Design: Sean Glenn
- Demo Link Details:
- We wanted to get you PDFs of the character archetypes, but they take up a huge chunk of Chapter One: Hero Creation. So we decided to just go ahead and give you the whole chapter in PDF form! Herein you'll find writeups of all 13 archetypes: The Battlesuit, Costumed Adventurer, Energy Controller, Gadgeteer, Martial Artist, Mimic, Mystic, Paragon, Powerhouse, Psionic, Shapeshifter, Speedster, and Weapon-Master. The Mutants & Masterminds website has additional free material associated with this book.
* If this edition of the publication is updated due to the discovery and correction of typos or errata, you will get a free download of the corrected edition.
Experience Something New!
Each game from Green Ronin has free sample material available through our Web site, RPGNow.com, and DriveThruRPG.com. Learn a new game and experience what you've been missing today!
Game: Dragon Age RPG
The Dragon Age RPG is based on BioWare's popular Dragon Age RPG franchise, and brings the dark and gritty world of Thedas to your gaming table. This Quickstart Guide - originally featured on Free RPG Day - features rules, an adventure, and pre-generated characters so you can jump right into the action.
Game: DC Adventures (with Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition Rules)
The county fair is being held in Smallville this year and Superboy, the town's famous local hero, is invited as guest of honor. But it's not all prize pigs and cotton candy, as Knockout has come to the fair, and she's aiming to make a big impression!
The DC ADVENTURES Quick Start includes an explanation of the rules, full game statistics for Superboy and Knockout, and a short adventure featuring a brawl at the county fair, so you can jump right in to the action.
Game: A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
These ENnie Award-winning Quick-Start rules and the adventure Journey to King’s Landing are mean to be your introduction to both the A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying game and to the fantasy world detailed in George R.R. Martin’s best-selling series of novels.
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying is about Machiavellian court politics, family alliances and enmities, the rise and fall of kingdoms, and the clash of armies, but it is also about honor and duty, family, the responsibilities of leadership, love and loss; tournaments, murders, conspiracies, prophecies, dreams, war, great victories, and terrible defeats. It’s about knights, both false and true... and it’s about dragons.
Welcome to the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, and remember the words of House Stark: “Winter is coming.”