Why Chase Shadows When You Can Turn on the Lights?
Ever since the Tunguska Event of 1908 paranormal incidents have been on the rise worldwide. The Ectonic Progression is underway. Is it the doom of mankind? Perhaps. Is it the end of the world? Probably not. Is it an unparalleled business opportunity? Definitely.
The dead are rising from their graves, demons walk the earth and people are scared out of their minds. Where blades and bullets fail, however, science is ready to step up to the plate for the future of mankind. ExorSystems, Inc™ offers the tools, the training and the know-how you need to fight the darkness and still pull down a paycheck. If you plan on spending most of your time stalking every unnatural horror that creeps, slithers, swims or flies you ought to at least get decent pay and benefits out of the deal. ExorSystems, Inc™ is here to offer you that opportunity in exchange for franchise fees and a meager percentage off the top.
ExorSystems, Inc™: Sneaking Preview gives you more than just an advance glimpse at the upcoming ExorSystems, Inc™ Campaign setting. It is a stand-alone supplement that works as a prelude to the larger campaign setting. It includes:
- A letter from the head of the ExorSystems, Inc™ company usable as a hand-out for players.
- The Organazation entry for ExorSystems, Inc™, the premiere paranormal research and extermination company in the world.
- The full writeup of the Multi-Spectrum Analyzer, a device used to detect and track monsters of all sorts.
- Four Exclusive Monsters usable in ExorSystems, Inc™ or any d20 background. These creatures will not be included in the final ExorSystems, Inc™ release and are exclusive to this preview.
- New art by Trent Troop, David Willis and Ronald Smith.
Now Available From Octavirate Games:
ExorSystems, Inc™, a new option for Modern-Era d20 Gaming
Monsters don’t carry credit cards.
For players used to hauling off carts of loot from adventures, a modern game can be quite a change of pace. In a traditional fantasy game the coin of the realm is universal. Monsters store their cash in treasure chests and sacks. The reward for adventuring is tangible and obvious. In the modern world things don’t work that way. Our money is tied up in credit, checking accounts and investments. Most monsters have little regard for money in the modern sense and even those that do will only have a handful of currency on them. Even if, by some miracle, the villain of a campaign has credit cards or blank checks on him any player character that attempts to exploit these resources would be guilty of fraud or theft. ExorSystems Inc™ presents an alternate reward model. In ExorSystems, Inc™ monster hunting is a service you can charge for.
Instead of stalking in the shadows and hunting monsters in the dark the heroes of ExorSystems, Inc™ are paid professionals. They have the high-tech tools, the corporate resources and the marketing clout required to bring the ghosts, ghouls and goblins of the world to their knees, all with a money-back guarantee.
The ExorSystems, Inc™ Campaign setting includes the following:
for the ExorSystems, Inc™ world including the ExorSystems, Inc™ organization, its many competitors and rivals, and an assortment of NPCs ready for use in your campaign.
• New advanced classes, class variants and occupations to help staff your ExorSystems, Inc™ franchise.
• New Feats for player characters and monsters.
• Supernatural Entity Classification System and alternate rules for the handling of ectoplasmic entities.
• The ExorSystems, Inc™ Equipment Catalog with new weapons, armor and equipment for use in the ongoing fight between the living and the dead. Includes everything from hand-held weapons to vehicle modifications to company swag that you can actually buy.
• Ten new creatures and one new template along with guidelines for integrating your favorite monsters into the ExorSystems, Inc™ setting and expanded creature weakness and vulnerability rules.
• Expansive GM’s Section with campaign models, adventure hooks and scenarios, variant rules support and alternate genre adaptation guidelines. As with all Octavirate products, you choose how much or how little of the setting you want to adapt. As an added bonus, Banisher, a mini-campaign setting, is included to adapt the ExorSystems, Inc™ concept to the medieval fantasy genre.
• An audio message from ExorSystems, Inc™ founder James Richer congratulating your players on the acquisition of a company franchise.
• An exclusive 2-page comic by Shortpacked! creator David Willis.
• Art by Ronald Smith, Trent Troop, Greg Sepelak and David Willis.
• Availability in both PDF and Print-on-Demand formats.