**Now revised and lengthened!**
"...one of the best thought out settings I've read in a long time...an intriguing introduction to the Land of Argyle...impressive debut work..."
- Megan Robertson, RPG Resource
"...like few before them they show they have alot of ideas and can produce a good campaign book...a greatly detailed setting."
- Chris Gath, RPGNow and ENWorld
* * Average internet-wide review rating of 4.6 out of 5! * *
"Yara be cursed!" Flynn muttered under his breath. This Spire was supposed to have been abandoned centuries ago. He wondered if it was too late to turn back.
Torrad and Mauss seemed to wonder the same thing as well, but the decision was made for them; the Spire's doors flew open and a teeming mass of bodies burst out. Shroudborn, to be sure.
It was definitely too late to turn back.
Welcome to the Land of Argyle, where the actions of the past still affect the decisions of the present. Argyle is a campaign setting ripe with opportunity; centuries ago, Human Mage-Kings ruled the land, subjugating all other races during the Age of Domination. The Plague brought an end to this tyranny, reducing Argyle's population by more than half, and the Spires of the Mage-Kings sit empty throughout the land.
The actions of the Mage-Kings reached much farther than the Plague, though. Magic is now feared and reviled throughout the land, and those Humans who risk using arcane powers face dire consequences. Militant Elves stand ready to defend their lands. Stalwart Dwarves now carry the fight to ancient Human-created foes, while Grizzlefoot Halflings dominate the Great Plains. Throughout Argyle racial tensions run high.
The Argyle Lorebook explores a land reeling from a history of hate, struggling to shape a future rejecting the arcane. Those looking for a setting high on role-playing and low on magic will find those elements and more, including:
- Detailed cultural write-ups on all playable races, including nine compelling subraces such as Murkan Gnomes and Forsaken Elves.
- Extensive information on ten different locations within the Land of Argyle, from Human settlements teetering on the brink of barbarism to the warring Gnomelands, as well as dozens of adventure seeds.
- A unique pantheon with 17 new gods, many of which have ascended from mortal lives.
- Writeups covering Argyle's many guilds, each with a stake in the land's recovering civilizations.
- TwoÃ‚Â new prestige classes, the Shroudwalker and the Vergor.
- TwoÃ‚Â new monstrous societies, the Black Renders and the Fist of Grollob.
- Dozens of illustrations, including city maps, characters and events, many painted in full colour.
- Fully bookmarked and indexed, with an extensive glossary and a clickable world map.
- Links to external Land of Argyle resources such as NPCs and additional Lore.
- Two PDF files included, one optimized for the screen and one for high quality printing, both compatible with Acrobat 6 and higher.
- All game mechanics compatible with v.3.5 of the SRD.
Will your party be the one to thwart the efforts of the Ash Hand in the burgeoning Elven trade town of Niire? Will you join the White Mages in their efforts to bring magic use back from the brink of extinction or will you join the followers of Desus Tai, wreaking havoc at all turns? With The Argyle Lorebook, the possibilities are limitless!
Requires the use of the Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook, v.3.5, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.