Deluxe Starship Designs
Invictus is the flagship of the Confederation fleet and the first of its kind (so technically it is an “Invictus-class” vessel). At almost 2400 ft long, the ship carries 200 fighters, 40 boarding shuttles, and a 1500 crew, soldiers, and passengers. It is designed to rapidly deploy combat craft and serve as a long range missile platform – allowing it to command a battle well back from the lines while still contributing massive firepower to the fight.
Invictus expands and improves upon the technologies developed for the Argos III station. The Sendai Component System was employed for most of its habitable areas. The same Transportation Tube technology is used to move personnel efficiently about the ship and similar gravitic redirectors are employed to propel the carrier. As on Argos III, rotation is used to efficiently simulate gravity in the habitation rings, but in other areas grav plating is employed. The landing and launch mechanisms are unique to this class of carrier.
Invictus reuses many of the map tiles from Argos III and adds several more of its own - increaseing the possible customization of both products, and giving the ambitious GM even more to work with in creating his or her own unique facilities. The pages used from Argos III are reproduced here so that everything needed to map out Invitus is included in this supplement.
The .zip file contains the following:
- 33 page PDF file detailing the ship, interior locations, and sample personnel.
- Open Game License stats provided for the ship and sample crew, as well as fighters and shuttles.
- Map Book
- Full-color 60 page PDF file.
- Contains pages to construct interior maps of all habitable areas.
- Includes miniature-scale maps for tactical combat.
- Broken into pages for easy printing.
- Pages add to the Argos III design pattern to allow for efficient reuse.
- Printer friendly, grayscale version of the map book.
- Subsector Map Book
- Full-color 16 page PDF file.
- Provides an overview of each section of the capitol ship.
- Includes location key and page layout diagrams.
- "Bonus Art" directory with rendered images of the carrier, fighters, and shuttles.
Sample documents and bonus art are available at ki-ryn.com.
Please note that, unlike many issues of Future Armada, this installment does NOT contain giant composite images designed for an oversized printer. As with the other giant ships and stations, the extreme file size required for a ship of this size makes the inclusion of such bonus maps infeasible.
Invictus can serve as a base of operations from which to run a campaign, or a detailed location to drop into your ongoing story. As always, familiar OGL stats are provide but kept separate. When it comes to capitol ships, this one can't be beat!