Tradetalk # 13 – Outside Genertela: The Islands
This is the thirteenth issue of Tradetalk, a fanzine dedicated to Glorantha, Hero Wars and RuneQuest. The dead-tree version was published in January 2004 by The Chaos Society.
Five separate island cultures from around the world of Glorantha are described in this issue. The Vadeli, and Jrustela from an Uz perspective are the most detailed, but the Amazon island of Trowjang (beautiful female warrior culture), and the Monster Island (think King Kong island) are also very nice idea to visit.
This issue will greatly enhance a sailors campaign (as the "Men of the Sea" setting for HeroQuest), and will be perfect for some adventures on the way while player characters/heroes make their way from one setting to another by ship.
Please have a look at other Tradetalk issues as well:
Tradetalk # 14 "Outside Genertela: The Southern Continent" is a theme issue about Pamaltela, but mostly about the coastal regions, which also can be used to enhance sailing campaigns with adventure opportunities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- RUNEQUEST/GLORANTHA -
- The Vadeli – background, history, magic, places of interest, and keywords for the evil sorcerer and trader race of the west (by Petere Metcalfe)
- Homeland: Trowjang – Homeland keyword for the amazon island (also see cover) (by Simon Bray)
- Sinful Amazon Practices – story (by Sandy Petersen)
- Jruztela – The Shadowy Isles – background, people of note, places, myth and more about Jrustela from an UZ perspective (by James Fruzetta)
- The Black Galleys – seafaring pirate Uz (by James Fruzetta)
- Black Wave Channel – scenario using the above mentioned background (by James Fruzetta)
- Loral – The Monster Island – description and twelve monster creatures to be encountered (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- Slarges – description of this humanoid reptile species (by Sandy Petersen)
- Homeland: Korola Islands – an island group in the eastern isles (by Nils Weinander)
- What the old fisherman told you – a personal view of the Korola islands (by Nils Weinander)
- Why the seas are salty – four myth of different origins (by Philippe Sigaud, Pete Nash, Oliver D. Bernuetz & Bo Rosén)
- CALL OF CTHULHU -
- The Burrowers Beneath – background and adventure seeds for the race of the Cthonians (by Shannon Appelcline)