Tradetalk # 14 – Outside Genertela: The Southern Continent
This is the fourteenth issue of Tradetalk, a fanzine dedicated to Glorantha, HeroQuest and RuneQuest. The dead-tree version was published in May 2004 by The Chaos Society.
This issue presents four coastal regions of the continent of Pamaltela (short descriptions of Umathela and Laskal, and long and detailed backgrounds for Kumanku and Golden Kareeshtu), and the elven jungle of Errinoru. If you like an setting with arabic flair, with a harem, and lots of slaves, then this issue is for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- RUNEQUEST/GLORANTHA -
- Umathela – short description of that region (by David Dunham)
- Kumanku – The enslaved Islands – background of an island region (by Simon Bray)
- Homeland: Kumanku – HeroQuest Homeland keyword for the above region (by Simon Bray)
- Golden Kareeshtu – background, places, history and more about the slave nation (by Martin Hawley & Peter Metcalfe)
- What the Lawgiver made me say – a personal view of Kareeshtu (by Martin Hawley & Peter Metcalfe)
- Pamatela map – center spread map (by Dario Corallo)
- War beneath the Waves: The Marthino Sea – description of a water region fought over by Ludoch and Malasp mermen (by André Jarosch)
- Laskal – The Unknown Region – Explore a wild region and learn about its gods (by Martin Hawley)
- Legends of the Embyli – Aldryami jungle elves and their history (by Shannon Appelcline)
- Homeland: Errinoru Jungle – HeroQuest Homeland keyword for the tribes and cults of the jungle elves (by Shannon Appelcline)