Tradetalk # 15 – The Savage West
This is the fifteenth issue of Tradetalk, a fanzine dedicated to Glorantha, HeroQuest and RuneQuest. The dead-tree version was published in May 2007 by The Chaos Society.
The area known as Caratan, and the culture of the Auloring make up almost half of this issue. Caratan is an area north of the city of Handra, in between Maniria and Ralios.
This area in on the border of the HeroQuest setting of Issaries Inc./Moon Designs "Blood over Gold", and will greatly enhance any game in that setting.
Please have a look at two other issues of Tradetalk, which focus on the same region:
Tradetalk # 10 "Wenelia & Ramalia" presents the boar people of Wenelia, and the more westerized pig folk of Ramalia.
Tradetalk # 11 "Handra & The New Fens" describes a city and its environs in between these two areas.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- RUNEQUEST/GLORANTHA -
- The Isle of Girane – description of an isolated island south of Seshnela (by Barry Blatt)
- Caratan – background for the region in between Handra & the New Fans & Pralorela (by Stuart Mousir-Harrison)
- Hwhen Orlanth Got His Feet Wet, or, How Hibour defeated Orlanth – Caratan myth (by Stuart Mousir-Harrison)
- What My Brother Told Me: A Personal View of Auloring Culture – (by Stuart Mousir-Harrison)
- Homeland: Auloring – HeroQuest Homeland of the Caratan region (by Stuart Mousir-Harrison)
- Bad Omens and Bangles – scenario set in Caratan region, including six pregenerated characters (by Stuart Mousir-Harrison)
- Homeland: Zoria – HeroQuest Homeland for the city of Free Love (by Jamie “Trotsky” Revell)
- A Day at the Races – Griselda story (by Oliver Dickinson)
- Legends of the Winterwood – Aldryami elves of north western Fronela and their history (by Shannon Appelcline)
- The Maidstone Mountains – Kind of HeroQuest Homeland keyword for a subregion of Winterwood (by Shannon Appelcline)