South of the Empire stretches a broken land, a patchwork realm of petty kingdoms and principalities. It is a region fraught with warfare, shifting alliances, and broken treaties. In the Border Princes, a common man can rule, rising above his meagre station and making his own destiny. But no throne is secure, for in this land, a knife in the back or a poisoned cup can change the world, toppling the greatest lords and elevating the lowliest of wretches to take their place. This is the Border Princes. This is the land of the renegade crowns.
Renegade Crowns is a toolbox for designing and developing principalities in this tempestuous land. Inside this sourcebook, you'll find:
• Extensive guidelines for creating the lands and the secrets they hold.
• Mechanics for creating princes, and tables to help establish the politics of the region.
• A detailed system for generating towns, homesteads and villages, and how they relate to the principalities that control the region.
• Guidelines to help GMs run games where Player Characters rule their own principalities.
• A fully detailed region to kick off your own Renegade Crowns adventures.