It is a dark time in the Empire of mankind. The troubles of the Chaos Incursion left the north a smoking ruin, a bleak land infested with roving bands of Beastmen, a wellspring for the Chaos cults and their efforts to turn honest men and women into the gibbering slaves of darkness. Such horrors breed sorrow and fear and common folk huddle in the shadows cast by the far-flung north, searching for salvation from the gods, heroes or from anyone with the courage to reclaim their devastated land. A hero has come, but little did people expect he would be a young man from the Wasteland, proclaimed to be Sigmar reborn.
The Thousand Thrones is a campaign for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, promising to take adventurers from the stinking canals of Marienburg to the wester fringes of Kislev.
Inside this adventure sourcebook, you'll find the following nine adventures:
• The Call of Chaos: The adventurers scour the streets and waterways of Marienburg to uncover the secret history of this divine child.
• An Unquiet Peace: Hot on the trail of the young man, the player characters find themselves embroiled in the strange happenings of a small town on the edges of the Empire.
• The Crusade of the Child: The plot thickens as the various players and conspirators reveal themselves in this dire tale.
• Written in Blood: When the Crusade reaches Altdorf to negotiate with the Grand Theogonist, everything unravels as a hidden enemy makes his move and new foes work to exploit the young man for themselves.
• Metamorphosis of Villa Hahn: With their principal enemy revealed, the adventurers brave the perils of the Drakwald to rescue the missing boy before their enemy's plan can be enacted.
• Heralds of a New Dawn: Foul plots are hatched as the beleaguered Crusade stalls outside of Wolfenburg.
• Death Do Us Part: A side-track into Sylvania reveals much of the dark events swirling about this blessed child.
• The Black Witch: The adventurers press into Kislev to follow the young man up the slopes of the Crags of Shargun. There, old enemies return and a far more dangerous new foe is revealed.
• The Womb of the Black Witch: The grand conclusion of this epic campaign, the adventurers must enter the heart of Chaos, battle her minions, and defeat her terrifying servants if they would stop the Black Witch from her mad agenda.