More than 100 years after the first human colonists arrived on Poseidon, the waterworld is still an untamed frontier. Lesser whites and pseudoeels lurk beneath the waves, and niños muertos stalk the jungle, and colonists in the wilderness find themselves locked in a deadly and alien food chain. From the planet's savage ecology to the monstrous cyclonic storms that circle the globe, surviving in Poseidon's outback is a challenge for even the most veteran frontiersman.
Welcome to Natural Selection
This sourcebook for Blue Planet v2 gives moderators and players alike everything they need to run exciting wilderness scenarios and roleplay characters experienced in wilderness survival on Poseidon:
- A wilderness survival guide, covering topics that range from foraging and orienteering to techniques for surviving on the open ocean and tropical jungles
- Adventure hooks and ready-to-use wilderness encounters that will give characters first-hand experience with Poseidon's savage ecology
- Detailed discussions of the scientific exploration of Poseidon, from taxonomy to animal behavior to oceanography
- Complete descriptions and beautiful illustrations of more than 35 new species of flora and fauna indigenous to the waterworld
- An exciting adventure scenario that takes characters out of the cities and into the outback, where both natural and human dangers await
This supplement is for use with the Second Edition of the Blue Planet roleplaying game, originally published by Fantasy Flight Games under license from Biohazard Games, and currently licensed by RedBrick. The PDF has been produced from a scan of the original book and, as such, may be a larger download than if produced from the digital source files, which are not available. The PDF has been OCR'd to make it searchable. Defects and artifacts are also unavoidable as the conditions of the books used to make scans vary. We have attempted to balance quality and size throughout the process and hope you are happy with the result.