Marster the art of game design! The Kobold Guide to Game Design Volume III: Tools &Techniques goes even deeper into the territory of professional design with a dozen essays by an all-star lineup of industry veterans including:
- Award-winning designer and publisher Wolfgang Baur
- 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons designer Monte Cook
- 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons designer Rob Heinsoo
- New York Times best-selling author Ed Greenwood
- Videogame and tabletop RPG designer Colin McComb
Readers will find nearly 100 pages of tips, tricks, and how-to guidance from the pros about:
- Designing combat systems
- Sandbox and event-driven adventure design
- Working well in collaborative design
- Optimizing encounters for roleplaying
- Creating memorable characters and dastardly plots
- The principles of 4th Edition design
- ...and more!
The Kobold Guide to Game Design Volume 3 is a great resource for both professional designers and advanced GMs who want to take their homebrew campaigns to the next level.
"...The strongest pieces in the entire series."
--Review by Berin Kinsman of Uncle Bear Media