Thicker Than Blood
Underneath the carefully crafted world of the new Earth Government, a sickness festers. The Children of Chaos hide within the mighty Chrysalis Corporation, agents of the end. Intent on bringing back the lost days of terrible old gods, they are a hidden tumor that soon will be too malignant to excise. Only one force has the power and the secrets to fight the enemy within. Legacy of the Forgotten Ones, the Eldritch Society secretly hunts the Children of Chaos. Holy warriors, monsters with the hearts of men, struggle desperately to save humanity. And to the New Earth Government, its saviors are monsters and its destroyers heroes.
This is the Shadow War – so few know the truth.
Peel back the layers of secrecy to explore the mysterious Eldritch Society. Discover what joining in symbiosis with a thing from beyond space and time really means. Undergo mystical metamorphosis to join more deeply with your otherworldly symbiont and feel the pull of its wild power. Pull back the veil to stare into the dark eyes of the true Chrysalis Corporation. Give yourself over to the power of the Old Ones and endure the infamous Rite of Transfiguration, sacrificing your humanity for something greater.
Nowhere else will you find a setting like this.
Inside this book you will find:
• five pieces of provocative short fiction to help portray the feel of the setting.
• a detailed exploration of the Eldritch Society, to give you a real idea of what it is like to be a Tager and to fight in the Shadow War.
• a first look behind the curtain at the Chrysalis Corporation and the greater Children of Chaos.
• new Character options, including new Qualities and eight new professions, including Eldritch Society Lorekeeper and Chrysalis Corporation Street Dealer.
• more friends and foes – two new rare Tager and four new Dhohanoid manifestations.
• optional rules for creating variant Tagers, so that no two manifestations need be alike.
• full rules for the mysterious Tager metamorphosis, including ten new metamorphic manifestations.
• full rules for designing Dhohanoid Characters and telling Chrysalis Corporation stories, including fourteen playable Dhohanoid manifestations and four new professions.
• an introduction to the arcane tools of the Children of Chaos, including new rituals, artifacts, and tools and weapons for the field.
• a ready-to-play starter story for Chrysalis Corporation games, as well as several Children of Chaos story hooks, to start you off right away.
This book is meant to be used with the CthulhuTech storytelling game and requires the Core Book.
For Mature Audiences Only
This book is intended for mature readers. It contains dark and disturbing content and images. Reader discretion is advised.