Complete Characters #1 - Hlifsteinn, Barbarian Witch-Hunter
Barbarian chief, elder, and holy warrior, the wise and aged Hlifsteinn leads devoted men from every clan in an eternal fight against their enemy, The Demon, and the witches that his evil sows among the people of the North Country. Suitable for any fantasy or medieval setting, this inaugural Complete Character brings elements of a sophisticated, but primitive culture to your gaming table, and opens the door to the possibilities of epic battle against an immortal evil that must be stopped.
Character by Jason Richards. Illustration by Joseph Scott Lawn.
Try these other Complete Characters for your fantasy campaign:
Read more about the development of this and every Complete Character, plus gaming news, opinion, and assorted foolishness at the blog, Jason Richards cannot be trusted, found at www.jasonrichards.net. Become a fan on Facebook and follow on Twitter for special discounts, giveaways, and previews from Jason Richards Publishing.
Welcome to Complete Characters
Complete Characters is a series of premium, fully fleshed out characters for use with any role-playing system or setting. Spanning all genres, from high fantasy to modern horror to space opera, there are dozens of Complete Characters, and something for every player and Game Master to enjoy. Use these modules as inspiration for player characters, NPCs, or even entire campaigns.
Each Complete Character module comes with:
- A detailed character description and background, written by a game design professional
- A custom illustration depicting the character
- A set of systemless stats that are easily adaptable to your favorite gaming system
- Three sets of d20 stats (for low, medium, and high-level campaigns), complete with full descriptions of all Feats, Talents, Class Feats, Equipment, and other d20 gaming source material.
- A set of Tweaks, which are optional modifications to a character's background, personality, or traits that in some way alter the character and how he or she interacts with the game world.
- A set of Twists, which are optional adventure hooks that send the character off in a new direction and provide ways for the character to act as a plot device
- At least one, and usually multiple Extras, which provide bonus material related to the character