The theme of THE BLACK SEAL's first issue is Strange Britain. Inside, we expose the bizarre and mysterious landscape of these haunted isles; - the ancient and forbidden knowledge of antiquity; the secrets of the modern-day conspiracy; the forgotten, dangerous places of power and mystery. THE BLACK SEAL is your guide to the Secret Country behind the mundane facade of everyday life in Britain.
Issue contents include:
- 'Unusual suspects' - Sermon Grant, occultist; and Michael Scrimgoer, city analyst.
- 'Mental Health in the United Kingdom' - a factual introduction to modern mental health laws.
- 'Let Sleeping Gods Lie' - PISCES section 'H'
- 'Dangerous Places' - The Devil's Rings.
- 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' - procuring illegal firearms in the UK.
- 'The Further Files of Prof. Grant Emerson' - Delta Green: Countdown's Quincy reports more.
- 'With Extreme Prejudice...' - PISCES' dirty jobs squad.
- 'Zodiac Clearance' & 'Drive Through Carefully' - DG-UK-style. Campaign outline and starter scenario.
- 'Tale of Terrors' - A couple of tales for Cthulhu Now and Delta Green.
- 'A Landscape of the Stones' - an examination of stone circles, standing stones and ley lines.
- 'The Tombola Cipher' - your very own secret code based on the UK National lottery results!
- 'Firearms of the UK and Irish Police and Military' - the Ronseal article.
- 'The Mythos Gazetteer of the British Isles' -updated to 2002 from Games Workshop's 'Green and Pleasant Land' (1987).
- 'British Investigator Templates' - a list of military and civilian agency profiles and character templates in the style of Delta Green: Countdown.
- 'Green Box' - the latest gear for the well-equipped investigator.
- 'Reviews' - no magazine would be complete without a review section.
- 'What is the Black Seal?'