This is the story of the town of Al-Shir Ma; a tale of great deeds, high adventure and deep sorrow, for the fate of Al-Shir Ma is the greatest mystery of all.
Al Shir-Ma is a Live Roleplaying scenario set in a fantasy world loosely based on the 1001 Arabian Nights. The players take the roles of important people in the town, the court, leading merchants, prominent townsfolk, and assorted visitors and travellers. There are strong threads of political intrigue, magic, romance, duplicity and revenge running throughout the game.
Al Shir-Ma features 66 original characters split into 7 distinct factions, and is intended for play at a convention, or similar gathering, so that you can share the game experience with a larger group, while still enjoying a high level of characterisation, interaction and plot within a smaller faction. Al Shir-Ma includes:
- 66 Detailed characters. Each character has a one-page character summary, a double sided character sheet which folds into a small booklet featuring 3 Character-driven goals, rumours from the markets, a summary of any powers or special abilities and a relationship map to summarise character relationships at a single glance.
- A plot summary section detailing the major plot, which affects a majority of the characters, and the 19 additional plots which run through the game.
- Master relationship maps for the GM which make the plots and secrets accessible at a glance.
- Suggestions on staging the game including a timetable to keep events on track, and some extra touches to really add to the experience for the players.
- Supporting documents including a simple two-page rules summary which has complete rules for combat, magic, death and miracles. All you need to facilitate the game is a deck of playing cards.
- Options to downsize the cast to 50 characters.