100 Doors Effects & Features
When exploring a dungeon, a house or other building, sooner or later you will come across a door. Most doors are plain, boring things with handles, a panel and hinge or some kind. They may have a lock, it may be thinner than the wall, but all in all, doors are normally overlooked.
Presented here are 100 effects and features to make doors more interesting, give them a bit of character.
They don't need to be used on all doors, if any. But the door to an Overlord chambers should be a tad more interesting than the one that leads to the dog kennels.
You can use the ideas as features, seeds for future adventures or simply flavour. Feel free to use these to give you some ideas of your own.
You may ask yourself;
- Why is the door like this?
- What is behind the door? Where does it lead? What does it protect?
- What does it look like?
- Who built it?
- How does it work/function (for the more odd doors)?
- Is the door tougher than normal?
- Can the door be broken down? If so what happens?
- Does the door have locks? How many? How difficult are they to crack?
This product can be used with any appropriate setting, but was designed with "Lexicon of Dungeons" in mind.