This is the PLAYERS' EDITION. It doesn't have any information for GMs, so we can offer a smaller book at a lower price. If you plan on running Triune, buy the GAMEMASTERS' EDITION instead!
TRIUNE RPG is a science fiction roleplaying game set a few hundred years from now. Humanity still hasn't discovered any aliens; instead, we have discovered Heaven and Hell.
In the Triune RPG, players take roles as Enforcers: a cross between police and military who investigate angels and devils in our universe - and their human allies. Faith is illegal, yet many traitors to humanity continue to worship. Enforcers travel all over the settled worlds of humanity, following clues and fighting those who would betray us. Unfortunately, that could be yourself. Player-characters can secretly work for Heaven or Hell, gaining powerful Prayers and working against the very cases you are sent to solve.
TRIUNE RPG has innovative concepts such as:
- The Effort System, a strategic d10 mechanic that allows players to decide how much effort their characters put into action. You control how much risk and reward are on the line with every die roll!
- The Weave, an internet-like system that lets characters pull gear out of thin air. No more cursing over not having the exact equipment needed for an adventure!
- No character death! You can die and return to the action - for a price.
- Faiths as character classes. Not only can you play a level 4 Buddhist, but all characters have three classes: One for Heave, one for Hell, and one for the Hegemony. Characters are multifaceted, conflicted, and even hypocritical just as in real life!
- Change the Universe! All societies are numerically rated in their faith in Heaven, Hell, and Hegemony. During the game, you have a chance to alter those ratings and push society towards the side you want. Your play affects the setting!