A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game GM'S RESOURCE by Creighton Broadhurst and Julian NealeA Pathfinder Roleplaying Game GM'S RESOURCE supplement by Creighton Broadhurst and Julian Neale
Got barely enough time to prepare the module? Want to include cool, evocative random encounters in your games, but just don't have the time to prepare them? Bored of pointless random encounters comprising bands of generic monsters that only seem to exist to attack wandering PCs? Then Random Woodland Encounters is for you! Presenting eight ready-to-use random encounters ranging in EL from 1-9 (and 19 stat blocks ranging from CR 1/4-6) all suitable for use in any woodland or forest,Random Woodland Encounters takes the pressure off the time-crunched GM, enabling him to concentrate on crafting cool, evocative adventures!
Featured Encounters include:
- Bandits (EL 7): Led by a deserter and a self-centred archer of some skill, a lurking band of brigands have set two falling tree traps to catch the unwary.
- Aftermath (EL 2): The PCs discover the site of an ambush. Lying among the dead, a few badly wounded survivors are in desperate need of help.
- Gnolls? How Unlucky! (EL 5): A band of gnolls and their pugwampi minion fall upon the PCs’ camp during the night.
- Goblins of the Blood Moon (EL var.): Vicious raiders, the Goblins of the Blood Moon attack all who enter their realm. This encounter presents stats for five different types of goblins and 18 different encounter groups.
- Isolated Hovel (EL 4): A dilapidated hovel surrounded by thick stands of nettles and brambles hides a terrible, lurking secret in a hidden cellar.
- Lurking Trolls (EL 9): A troll is teaching its four young to hunt. Unfortunately, for the PCs they are the prey!
- Ogre Huntress (EL 6): An ogre huntress is exercising her three pet wolves when she crosses paths with the PCs.
- Shattered Bridge (EL 6): The remains of a gaunt stone bridge cross a yet raging river. The ghost of a wizard killed when the bridge collapsed haunts the area.
Random Woodland Encounters is a Dual Format PDF. The product's ZIP file contains two versions, one optimised for printing and use on a normal computer and one optimised for use on a mobile device such as an iPad.