The Victorian era is unlike any before or since. Imperialism and war draw lines across the globe while scientific discovery and remorseless industrialization leaves indelible marks on its people, from the cutthroats in the streets to Queen Victoria herself.
This is the world of Charles Darwin and Charles Babbage, steam power and workhouses, Florence Nightingale and Ada Lovelace, Stanley and Livingstone, Jekyll and Hyde, Holmes and Watson, The Charge of the Light Brigade, Charles Dickens and Jack the Ripper.
THIS IS THE WORLD OF VICTORIA
You are holding a roleplaying game; a game that allows you to create tales of action, intrigue, and the supernatural in which you are the hero.
Victoria asks you to choose sides and take up arms in the battle for the fate of the British Empire, or to forgo the decision and forge your own path, altering the course of history.
Inside you will find:
- the complete Hazard resolution system
- quickstart guides
- fully worked and broken-down examples of every skill in use and combat using actual examples of play
- a working background for running games in victorian times distilled from countless hours of research. The background covers everything from crime and punishment to the correct clothes to walk down the street in.
- a rich secret back-story full of hooks detailing the history and machinations of two powerful yet shadowy organizations vying for control of the Empire.
- a large (optional) chapter containing lots of information for incorporating supernatural elements in your tale and providing plenty of grist for your creative mill.
- an entire section dedicated to the art of GMing including a step-by-step examination of a process you can follow to create an absorbing tale every time, no matter what system you employ.
- a sample tale that showcases all these elements. A Victorian Prometheus brings the characters face to face with not only these organizations but with abominations wrought from the brilliant, tortured but completely insane mind of Dr. Cornelius Knox.
Buy Victoria today! As a stand-alone game, source book or GMing resource, you won’t be disappointed.
For more information check out site hazardgaming.com, our podcast, and Victoria's production blog.