A Pathfinder Roleplaying Game GM'S RESOURCE by Ben Kent
Got barely enough time to prepare the module? Want to include cool, evocative random encounters in your games, but just don’t have the time to prepare them? Bored of pointless random encounters comprising bands of generic monsters that only seem to exist to attack wandering PCs? Then Random Hill Encounters is for you!
Presenting eight ready-to-use random encounters ranging in EL from 1—12 (and 20 stat blocks ranging from CR 1/2—10) all suitable for use in any range of hills, Random Hill Encounters takes the pressure off the time-crunched GM, enabling him to concentrate on crafting cool, evocative adventures!
- Barrow of the Sleeping King (EL 5): A forgotten barrow has recently been opened, but of the thieves there is no sign. What lies within?
- Multi-Legged (EL 8): A basilisk and a centipede-infested shambling mound have struck up an unlikely alliance and prey on travellers passing their lair.
- Mercenaries (EL 4): A small detachment of mercenaries (and their hobgoblin leader) are returning to their camp after failing to secure a contract for their services.
- Savage Rage (EL var.): Savage orcs lurk within the hills. These stat blocks and suggested encounter groupings provide the backbone of dozens of encounters against with savage marauders.
- Sentinels of Thor-Dilak (EL 2): The survivors of a dwarven patrol pick their way through the hills carrying the bodies of their fallen comrades home.
- Sounds and Fury (EL 12): An usual pair of ogre and hill giant lurk in the hills ready to demand a toll of those passing through their territory. One controls powerful magics, while the other is an unsubtle, but ferocious warrior.
- What Goes Around (EL 1): The merchant Ulwen is in need a help. His caravan was recently attacked by orcs. Almost all his guards lie dead, his horses have fled and one of his wagons is broken.
- Wyverns? (EL 9): Mutant spawn of the feared red dragon Burnfyre soar through the sky in search of food. Woe betide those they come across.
This product is a Dual Format PDF. The downloadable ZIP file contains two versions, one optimised for printing and use on a normal computer and one optimised for use on a mobile device such as an iPad.
This ZIP file also contains a separate PDF containing the product's compiled stat blocks enabling the busy GM to build up a handy library of ready-to-go stat blocks.
Download a free sample at ragingswan.com/hill